Fort building has withstood the test of time. Here are a few products to help your family build a better fort without the mess!
Graduation is around the corner, and Jen Munoz will highlight some top gifts for the graduating class of 2020. Join us as we celebrate seniors’ next adventures!
HIGH SCHOOL GRADS
- Hit the road! Don’t let them get stranded, give them a AAA membership and a Thrive Roadside Assistance Auto Emergency Kit + First Aid Kit – Gray Travel Bag – Contains Jumper Cables, Tools, Reflective Safety Triangle and More. $30
- If already missing your kiddo? Drop into the dorm and say hello without going anywhere! Give the gift of an echo dot ($30) and trade messages from a far. Or maybe your child is feeling homesick – this handblown gratitude globe $33 is the perfect gift to give to someone who might be missing home. If they’re feeling sad, they can pick a message from the globe and read a little love from home.
- For many, it’s the first time on their own and what better way to keep track of your keys with a fabulous Big O Key Ring. Silicon $25- Leather $55 Convenient wrist bracelet is a wonderful on-the-go option.
- Oventure’s Clear Bracelet Bag is the perfect accessory for big game nights, fits perfectly on your wrist and it’s clear, so it’s stadium approved! $75
- Help your grad avoid the Freshman 15 with an activity tracker from Fitbit. $50 This workout device helps track steps and you challenge your friends to keep everyone moving!
- If your graduate has wanderlust and you know they’re going to hit the road before the job postings, pick out a suitcase $65, a travel book $14 and a camera $70 for the destination of choice, so they can prepare for their next adventure!
- Just can’t adult today? Keep it together with the Adulting Kit by Pinch Provisions. This 15-piece kit will help any young adult accomplish important tasks and tackle growing up with ease. Includes a laundry guide, lint brush, static remover, stain remover, decision making coin and more!
- Ready to meet your new best friends? Starting a new job, means conversation starters are key. Gift your grad the top icebreaker of all time – Happy Socks! $15 Lots of fun options, from limited edition options to multi-colored dog socks. There’s never a dull moment when you take these four-legged favorites for a walk or hang out by the water cooler.
- Dogs aren’t just for walking, this new dog-shaped multitool $7 will be your graduate’s new best friends. With a built in bottle opener, ruler and screwdriver, this tool can do everything, except fetch.
- Be ready for the perfect lunch on the go with Prepd! $59 Be the envy of all of your coworkers with this trendy lunch box.
FOR ANY GRAD
- Things They Don’t Teach You in School Game $13 – Things they don’t teach you in school is a great game for anyone who can never get enough fun facts and useless knowledge. It’s the ultimate party game and perfect for an entertaining dinner with friends and family or bond with your new roomies either at school or your new home post college.
- When a special occasion calls for congratulations, order ice cream online from Harry & David. This Congratulations Ice Cream Assortment is presented with celebratory statements on each package: “Hip Hip Hooray,” “This Scoop’s For You,” “Dig In! You Deserve It!,” and “Sweetest Congratulations.” Four different flavors of ice cream, including chocolate chocolate chunk and sea salt caramel, make this the perfect way to offer your praise.
- If you didn’t start the “Oh the Places You’ll Go Tradition” in kindergarten, it’s ok, The Book of Everyone has a new “Wise(ish) Words for Graduates” book (hard copy $45) that you can fully customize or make it seem like you spent countless hours creating a book, personalized just for your special grad.
- Amazon Gift Card in a Graduation Cap Box, starting at $25
Play dates aren’t just for kids anymore. Lifestyle expert Jennifer Munoz joins FOX6 WakeUp with some fun ways to virtually connect with loved ones.
For the guys
- Get Your Game On! No matter what your favorite sport or if cards is your game – you can connect online with your buddies for a game of golf or even set up a virtual poker night, with apps like PokerStars.
- Bourbon Tasting – Grab the bros for the ultimate at-home whiskey tasting! TheBroBasket has lots of options for getting the guys (and the gals) together – from the novice to the aficionado – there is something for everyone. You could also do a virtual tour of one of your favorite distilleries right before and then conduct a taste test with your buddies.
For the gals
- Save your Sanity with a Virtual Happy Hour: Grab the girls for a night in! Share cocktail recipes and make each other`s favorite drinks or host a virtual wine tasting with the help of Ruby Tap. They`re offering online ordering with curbside pickup for special wine packages.
- Let’s Get Physical: Meet for a virtual sweat sesh – whether you purchase a personal session or join a group class, working out is a healthy way to stay connected. From yoga and crossfit to enjoying a walk with your dog while raising money for a local shelter! And, if you`re not in a position to have a dog at this time, you can create your virtual dream dog through WoofTrax.
For the kids
- Move that Body! – It’s tough when you can’t get outside and hit the playground find ways to keep the littles moving by joining the fun with GoNoodle.com for indoor recess!
- Forts and FaceTime – If your kids love to build forts, have them challenge their friends to make one too! When everyone is done, the kids can FaceTime and watch a movie with each other, all with without leaving their home or Take a Trip – visit space or a museum, enjoy some of the best virtual tours with friends.
- Imagination Station Saturdays! Lights, Camera, FaceTime . . . Action! — Host a virtual talent show, play, or puppet show – creative ways for kids to work together in a virtual world. Host a Drawing Competition Or use a site, like Let’s Make Art to hone your watercolor skills. Have a Bake Off: Learn a new recipe – see who`s cut out for Master Chef or Nailed It, either way, kids will have fun, learn new skills, everyone gets a tasty snack! Local Milwaukee bakeries are also offering baking kits to help get you started.
Fun for the whole family
- Movie Time – Netflix Party is a new way to watch Netflix with your friends online. Netflix Party synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite Netflix shows.
- Learn a New Game: There are several websites that let you play virtual games with friends. Try meeting up with friends are family on www.drawasauraus.org or even using jackbox.tv where you can choose from a variety of fun games! This can be for the whole family too
Running out of ways to keep your kids busy while at home? Here are some tip and tricks for making a better fort.
When you think of building a fort, most likely you think of the good old fashion pillow and blanket forts using just about every blanket and pillow in the house. Today, we’ll take a look at some fort building options that will provide hours of entertainment with the same amount of imagination and creativity, but little to no mess!
Take your family’s fort building to the next level by opting for pre-designed models. Here are a few of our faves under $50:
● Tote-A-Fort is a compact premade kit with Velcro edge blankets and anchor weights, so you can build a colorful fort anywhere (without raiding closets). And, it comes in a handy bag for easy transport and cleanup! (Around $40)
● Crazy forts (available at Kohl’s) are a unique creative building toy that you can use to build till your heart’s content. Build a cave one day, an Igloo, Pirate Ship, or Castle the next…put the pieces together in different configurations, cover with sheets and voila – instant fort! Crazy forts also come in a flexible option, a glow in the dark option and you can add fort lights made specifically for your crazy fort! ($49.95)
● Magic Cabins are another one-of-a-kind lightweight option for your imagination to run wild – you can visit castles in Ireland, or travel back in history for a trip to the medieval times, or pretend you just jumped into a real life game of Castle Crashers with the Magic Cabin Castle Fort($40). If you have a budding architect and artist in the family, the Chalkboard Fort can make your dreams come true. Easily connect the giant 22”x22” panels with Velcro links to create structures to play in. Each kit comes with an assortment of square panels, window panels and hinge connectors. You’ll love building and rebuilding and adding chalk illustrations to complete your family’s adventures.
● Airforts are an inflatable option that is truly no fuss and easy to clean up! You just need a standard box fan to set them up. They’re perfect for theme night “outings” with the family – plan a trip to the circus or have a night under the stars. Bonus! The Night Sky option glows in the dark! ($49.95)
Fort building can lead to hours of imaginary play and traveling to unknown lands – start building and share your pics with us!
Nearly every parent out there is familiar with the phrase “Are we there yet?” Road trips can be a hassle for both kids and parents, but they don’t have to be! Keep your kids entertained in the car with these helpful road trip tips.